Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8-5
BS degree in Education, Training, HR or related field, or equivalent of proven work experience in designing and delivering multiple training events in a corporate setting
Banking experience required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Design software; Internet software and Database software; and usage of mobile/eBanking technologies and devices.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel between branches 10%-20%
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Facilitate employee training sessions in-person and virtually using Zoom
- Keep curriculum/training resources up to date
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Build annual training programs using our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Develop/update training instructional materials, handouts, job aids and training manuals as needed
- Map out training plans, design and develop training programs and partner with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts regarding instructional design
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc.)
- Acclimate new hires to banking and conduct orientation sessions
- Market available training opportunities to employees and provide necessary information
- Translate policy and procedural requirements into training sessions that will groom employees for the next step of their career path
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques to stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development
- Assess instructional effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employee work behavior
- Summarize reports determining the impact of training on employee skills and how it affects Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Work closely with the subject matter experts to ensure training material meets the needs of the department
- Ability to lead effective meetings
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Completes projects on time and budget
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Customer Service – Provides support to co-workers who manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to internal customer needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Team Work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works ethically and with integrity; Upholds organizational values
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Motivation - Measures self against standard of excellence
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
This position is open to all First Dakota locations. The Education Specialist will enhance the competencies of individual employees by designing and conducting specific training programs that will boost employees’ workplace performance in alliance with First Dakota’s core values. As an Education Specialist, it is imperative the individual be detail oriented and able to adapt to ever-changing schedules. Also need to utilize technology to its fullest capacity, coordinate with subject matter experts to create teamwork, while also inspiring employees to improve their professional job skill levels in a fun and up-beat environment. Hours include Monday-Friday 8-5. The location for this position is open to all locations.