Investment Services Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8-5.
Yankton, South Dakota 57078
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one-year of customer service experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graph
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an excellent knowledge of Word Processing and Spreadsheet software.
- Ability to navigate VoiP phone systems
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Answers and screens telephone calls received by financial advisor. Records messages and assists clients with basic questions or problems regarding their accounts.
- Performs sales support duties such as communicating with customers, conducting and tracking large mailings, scheduling client appointments.
- Provides administrative support activities, which may include word processing to include standard business letter authoring and formatting, processing incoming/outgoing mail, maintaining client documents, operating standard office equipment and software.
- Works closely with other support staff and office personnel to identify and resolve operational issue of accounts, new accounts, maintains proper account documents.
- May perform basic research on accounts, client account statements and basic portfolio valuations.
- Project management. Including prospecting mailings, marketing campaigns, and referral incentive campaigns.
- Daily attendance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development activities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Provide courteous, personal attention to build and retain the Bank’s and Department’s clientele of satisfied customers for long-term relationships.
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings
- Team Work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret complex written information; Presents investments and numerical data effectively.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality service. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Motivation - Measures self against standard of excellence
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Assist investment broker in performance of sales and operational activities by speaking with clients, answering operations questions and interfacing with back office operations. Performs a variety of administrative duties to support office and individual financial advisor’s functions. Hours include Monday-Friday 8-5.