Private Banking Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8-5
North Main Avenue, Downtown
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Three years of banking experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Ability:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Math Ability:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Computer Skills:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; Internet software and database software
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch
- Responds to customer inquiries and requests regarding account or additional services
- Proficient knowledge of banking products and services
- Supports the Private Bank Relationship Managers with the origination, documentation and on-going management of commercial and consumer loans. Includes the process of booking new loans and renewals.
- Thrives working within the framework of a small team that works closely together to exceed both customer expectations and departmental growth objectives.
- Provides ongoing relationship servicing with current Private Bank customers to maintain goodwill and gain additional business.
- Efficiently process transfers, loan advances, payment postings, maintenance requests for both deposit and loan accounts.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Team Work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written & Oral Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works ethically with integrity; Upholds organizational values
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks accurately and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Motivation - Measures self against standard of excellence
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Reviews own work to ensure quality
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Provide personalized banking services and excellent customer service to clients and will prepare and execute funding of loan packages and documentation in accordance with establishment guidelines and policies.