Use the transfer feature to move money between your First Dakota accounts (Internal Transfers) and personal accounts at other financial institutions (External Bank-to-Bank Transfers).
There are multiple ways to transfer funds between First Dakota Accounts.
1) Log in to Mobile or Online Banking
2) Mobile Banking: From the Accounts card on your Dashboard, select Transfer or from the Main Menu, select Transfer.
Accounts card: Main Menu:
Online Banking: Select any of these options to make a transfer.
- Make a Transfer option from the Transfers card
- Make a Transfer option from the Move Money card
- Go to the Move Money tab at the top of the page and select Transfers
3) When the transfer screen appears, choose the From and To accounts by clicking on the arrows, enter the dollar amount and Submit.
4) Choose the blue More options link to set up a recurring transfer or select the date for the transfer to happen.
If you use the Move Money tab, it will take you to this page. You will see your scheduled transfers in a list, as well as noted on the calendar with a red dot. You can choose the Make a transfer option or you can Add + an External Account, which is a transfer between your First Dakota account and another financial institution.
With First Dakota's Online Banking you have the ability to transfer funds from your accounts at other institutions.
1) Select the + from the Accounts Dashboard to add a new account.
2) Click on Make or Setup External Transfers. This will allow you to add an account from another institution.
3) Enter your Account name and bank information.
4) You will be prompted to enter your First Dakota password to continue. This is an extra level of security since money is being transferred out of your account.
5) You will receive a confirmation message indicating two small deposits will be sent to your external account. You will need to log in to your other account to view the amounts and then come back to Online or Mobile Banking to enter those small deposits to complete the verification process. Go to Settings, External Transfers. Select your pending account, then enter the two small deposit amounts where indicated.
6) You will receive a successful "Account Verified" message and be able to transfer funds between your other bank account and your First Dakota account. Please note these transfers may take 1 - 3 business days to process.
7) If you would like to set up recurring External Transfers. Click on the Transfer button. Select your transfer from and transfer to accounts. Click on the blue words "More Options". This will allow you to set the frequency and choose the dates you would like the recurring transfers to occur.
8) Click on Submit.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call 800-486-4712.
If you have questions, please call us at 800-486-4712 or click on the Conversation icon in Online or Mobile Banking.