Convenience, at Your Fingertips
Bank from your phone with Mobile Banking, and enjoy on-the-go banking and complete banking transactions when it’s convenient for you. Mobile Banking is an app made for your phone (available on iPhone, iPad, and Android), tablet, or other mobile device.
With Mobile Banking, you can check account balances, view images of checks or deposits, transfer funds, pay bills, pay a friend or family member, make deposits including Mobile Deposit, view alerts, find bank locations and MoneyPass ATM locations, manage your Checkcard, view your First Dakota Mastercard balance and transactions, add tags, notes and images to your transactions, and so much more.
Download the Mobile Banking App if you have an Online Banking account. Don’t have Online Banking yet? Go to the Login button in the top right hand corner of the page and select Online Banking. Click on the "Not enrolled? Sign up now" link to sign up quickly and easily.
How to Download and Use the App
Begin by enrolling in Online Banking. Once you have an Online Banking account, you can download the First Dakota eMobile app.
- Download the app to your mobile device and log in.
- Type in your current Online Banking Username and Password. Please note: You cannot use Face ID / Touch ID biometrics the first time you log in. You will be able to enable this later. If you don't know your Username and Password, call us at 800-486-4712 for assistance.
- To secure your account, enter your email address and cell phone number, and click on “Next”. Choose the delivery option you prefer to receive your one-time secure passcode. Options include: text message, phone call, Authy app. If you are having difficulties receiving your one-time passcode, you can click the “Resend” or “Try another way” options. For additional assistance, please call us at 800-486-4712.
- After you have been authenticated, you will be prompted to enter a 4-digit PIN of your choosing. This will allow you to log in more quickly each time. Very Important: Don’t forget what your longer password is, because when you complete a transaction that involves the movement of money outside of First Dakota you will be prompted to enter your full password.
- If you have a mobile device that allows for Biometrics (Finger Print or Face ID), you can enable that functionality next. However, you will still need to enter your regular password for ‘higher risk’ transactions as mentioned above.
Benefits of Mobile Banking App
Mobile Banking is free. However, your mobile carrier’s text messaging and web access charges may apply. You must be an Online Banking customer to use Mobile Banking. Benefits of the Mobile Banking App include the following:
- Touch or Face ID or PIN authentication: Easily and securely log in using fingerprint, face recognition or a personal identification number.
- Checkcard: Order a Replacement Checkcard
- Contact us: Use our NEW secure “Conversation” communication system
- Messages: View alerts, push notifications and conversations through our NEW Messages section
- App Profile: Personalize your app profile, by adding a picture and editing your email and phone numbers through Settings
- Increased security: With two-factor authentication and the ability to see your recently used devices under Settings & Security
- Personalize your app: Arrange the app's features in a way that makes the most sense to you - customize the app on a per-device basis and move things around however you like
Mobile Banking App FAQs
A: Yes. Download our app to your mobile device.
A: Begin by enrolling in Online Banking. Once you have an Online Banking account, you can download the First Dakota eMobile app in your app store.
A: Simply delete the app from your device.
A: Mobile Banking is free! However, your mobile carrier's text messaging and web access charges may apply.
A: The following functions are available through Mobile Banking:
- View balances and transaction history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- View images of checks or deposits
- Pay bills
- Pay friends and family
- View alerts
- Make deposits
- Find Bank and MoneyPass ATM locations
- Manage your Checkcard
- View your First Dakota Mastercard balance and transactions
- Add tags, notes and images to your transactions
- And so much more
A: Yes. Click on Pay. Then click on the + in the upper right corner. Enter your Online Banking Password. Choose Company or Person. Follow the prompts to add the payee information.
A: Yes, follow these instructions.
- Select the + from the Accounts Dashboard to add a new account.
- Click on Make External Transfers. This will allow you to add an account from another institution.
- Enter your Account name and bank information.
- You will be prompted to enter your First Dakota password to continue. This is an extra level of security since money is being transferred out of your account.
- You will receive a confirmation message indicating two small deposits will be sent to your external account. You will need to log in to your other account to view the amounts and then come back to Online or Mobile Banking to enter those small deposits to complete the verification process. Go to Settings, External Transfers. Select your pending account, then enter the two small deposit amounts where indicated.
- You will receive a successful "Account Verified" message and be able to transfer funds between your other bank account and your First Dakota account. Please note these transfers may take 1 - 3 business days to process.
- If you would like to set up recurring External Transfers. Click on the Transfer button. Select your transfer from and transfer to accounts. Click on the blue words "More Options". This will allow you to set the frequency and choose the dates you would like the recurring transfers to occur.
- Click on Submit.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call 800-486-4712.
A: 4:00 p.m. Central Time.
A: Your endorsement on checks deposited using Mobile Deposit need to include the following:
- Your signature—please endorse exactly the way the check is payable
- “For Mobile Deposit Only”
- The last four digits of your account number
**Don't forget to destroy the checks you have deposited through Mobile Deposit. After you see the deposit has been added to your account, please destroy the check in a cross-cut shredder to protect the check writer and yourself from fraud.
A: The following checks are not permitted and should be brought to a First Dakota location for deposit:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you, or to you and another party.
- Checks containing alterations to any of the fields on the front of the check (including the MICR line), or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States or not payable in U.S. currency.
- Checks or items issued by a U.S. federal agency, including U.S. Treasury Tax Refund Checks, Cashier's Checks, Money Orders, Savings Bonds or Traveler's Checks.