Get ready for a better Online Banking experience.
Online Banking allows you to keep track of your finances anytime and anywhere, with the flexibility of accessing your account from your desktop computer, your smartphone or your tablet. And this July, First Dakota is launching an upgraded Online Banking experience, making it even more convenient. Here are just a few of the fantastic updates to look for:
- No matter which device you use, your banking experience will be smooth, secure and the same on all devices
- MoneyPass ATM locations integrated into our First Dakota app
- You can add notes, tags, and pictures to each transaction
- Better protection for your accounts with enhanced security via two-factor authentication
Interested in Online Banking?
Contact us to open a personal account, and enroll today. Read about all of our Online Banking services in this section of the website.
Already a customer?
Benefits of Online Banking
Enjoy completing banking tasks easily online. With Online Banking, you can:
- Check your account balances.
- Transfer money between First Dakota accounts.
- Transfer funds between First Dakota accounts and checking/savings accounts at other financial institutions using our Bank-to-Bank eTransfer service.
- Check balances, transfer funds between First Dakota accounts, pay bills, or view alerts from your cell phone or mobile device using Mobile Banking.
- Receive Online Banking text alerts. (Text alerts available include balance alerts, incoming wires, incoming ACH credits, incoming ACH debits, insufficient funds, statements or notices, maturing loans, and maturing CDs.)
- View and print your bank statements.
- View images of the front and back of checks you have written.
- Make payments, including P2P (Person-to-Person) payments to friends and family.
- Download your transactions into Quicken® or QuickBooks®. (Download transactions for free into either software system by using the download feature in Online Banking, or sign up for QuickBooks Direct Connect to automate the process for a monthly fee.)
- Access your bank statements and notices electronically using eStatements.
Online Banking Browser Compatibility
Online Banking is supported by the current versions of the following internet browsers:
- Internet Explorer
If you have an older browser version, please upgrade to current versions for optimal usage. We don’t recommend accessing Online Banking using add-ons or indirect browser use through embeds or portals.
Online Banking FAQs
A: Your online accounts, computer files, and personal information are more secure when you use strong passwords. The strength of a password depends on the different type of characters you use, the overall length of the password, and whether the password can be found in the dictionary. Strong password rules to follow include:
- We recommend a minimum password length of eight characters. Your Online Banking password length should be seven to 12 characters.
- Your password should contain a letter, number, and special character.
- When changing your password, be sure that it does not match any of the last four passwords you used.
- Change your password on a regular basis, at a minimum every 90 days.
- If the system recognizes case, using a combination of upper- and lower-case letters is recommended.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple sites or purposes.
- Avoid passwords based on repetition, dictionary words, letter or number sequences, usernames, relative or pet names, romantic links (current or past), or biographical information (e.g., ID numbers, ancestors' names, or dates).
- Try selecting a phrase and substitute numbers and special characters with the phrase.
A: Online Banking supports Netscape Navigator 7.0 and higher, Microsoft Explorer 7.0 and higher, Safari for Mac, 4.0 or higher, and Firefox version 3 and higher. The browser must support SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption, which needs to be 128-bit. A higher number denotes stronger protection.
A: First Dakota takes numerous steps to keep your accounts and personal information secure, but you also play a role in maintaining the security of your banking information.
Here's what you can do:
- Memorize your Online Banking ID and password. Your online password authenticates you when you begin an Online Banking session. You should memorize this password and never write it anywhere or reveal it to anyone.
- Change your password regularly. You can do this easily when you begin an Online Banking session.
- It's important to sign off when you're finished. In fact, if you are not at your own computer, First Dakota recommends that you completely close your internet connection when finished.
- Utilize the built-in security features of your browser. We recommend that you utilize the built-in security features that browsers provide. Choosing certain security settings and options will help protect your privacy.
A: Online Banking has a 10-minute time-out feature. If the system is not used for 10 minutes, then you will have to log in again.
A: You are allowed three PIN attempts, and on the third attempt, if invalid, you will be locked out of the system. At that point, you will need to call First Dakota at 605-665-4908 or toll-free at 888-646-0307 and we will reset the system so you may enter a new PIN.
A: The transfer cut-off time for each current day's business is 7:00 p.m. CT.
A: Yes. Transfers can be scheduled to occur once, weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly, and with an expiration date.
A: Yes, prior to the 7:00 p.m. CT cut-off time.
A: The transfer will occur on the business day before the weekend or holiday.
A: Yes, by using the transfer option to move funds from your checking or savings account.
A: You will be able to view the past 16 months of your transaction history. If you need further history, please call us and we can send it to you.
A: Yes, you can view both the front and back of your checks or deposits.
A: Yes. Your transactions can be downloaded into Quicken® or QuickBooks®, spreadsheets, and word processing products. Download transactions into either software system at no charge by using the download feature in our Online Banking, or you can choose to sign up for QuickBooks Direct Connect to automate the process for a monthly fee.
A: These are the same Online Banking alerts you receive at your email address, now available via text message.
- Log into Online Banking from a personal computer and click on the Options Tab.
- Complete the Mobile Phone Number and Wireless Provider Address. Choose your provider from the Carrier Search button. A pop-up box will appear. Use the search feature in the upper right-hand corner to quickly find your provider.
- Once completed, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Submit.
- Next, click on the Alerts link, and choose the alerts you would like to receive by text.
- The text alerts will come from email@example.com and will have a subject of First Dakota Alert.
Online Bill Payment
Pay anyone online while enjoying the convenience of quick digital or paper check payments.
Get your bank statements the easy way with eStatements!
Enjoy on-the-go banking and complete banking transactions when it’s convenient for you.
eTablet Banking iPad App
Simple, convenient, on-the-go banking features made for your tablet.
Choose a local bank who supports your dreams. Since 1872, we’ve prided ourselves on offering you the hometown touch, complete with unparalleled customer service. Open an account for your dreams with First Dakota National Bank.